Brookwood Chorus Families,
As we approach spring break there are a few news items to share with everyone.
Congratulations to all of our chorus students for wonderful performances last week at Large Group Performance Evaluation! Despite the challenges that the past two years have brought, our students performed admirably at LGPE, and I am proud of all our student musicians.
Treble Chorus is 2nd & 3rd period; Cantabile is 4th period. Mixed Chorus is 4th & 5th period (Men's Chorus) combined, and they only practiced with all voice parts together at our dress rehearsal and concert. Classifications denote difficulty level; High School levels are A, B, C, & D, with A being the most difficult.
I am so very proud of these students, their accomplishments, and their endurance over these difficult years. A BIG THANK YOU to all of our parent chaperones who assisted with these trips!
Yard Sign Fundraiser
Support the Brookwood Chorus by purchasing a custom yard sign with your student's name on it! Yard Signs will feature the Brookwood Chorus logo and your child's name. Signs are $25 -purchase online at our Brookwood Performing Arts Booster website here. Deadline to purchase is April 1, 2022. Please be careful to enter the name on your sign exactly as it should be spelled! Signs will be available for pick up at school sometime after Spring Break.
Disney Trip - last minute reminders
We leave after school on Wednesday! A few reminders for travelers:
- The field trip packet with all details is available on eClass here.
- ALL students are REQUIRED to join our remind group: text @f67bb9 to 81010
- Students will attend all classes on Wednesday, 3/23 like normal.
- Bring your luggage with you to store in the chorus room before 1st period starts. Come to the chorus room between 6:55am-7:20am.
- We depart at 3pm; students will not need to go home.
- Students may leave their bookbag or other items in the chorus room or locker while we are gone. Please keep in mind that the building will be locked when we arrive at Brookwood on Saturday night, and you will not be able to enter the building to retrieve anything. Make alternate arrangements if you need to leave items behind and have access when we return. Otherwise, students can get their belongings Monday morning before 1st period.
- Please bring a reasonably sized (small to medium) suitcase for luggage. You may also bring a carry-on bag for the bus, but it will need to fit above or below your seat.
- Students will be given a $20 bill to use for dinner on Wednesday (we will stop near Valdosta, GA).
- Students will be given a separate $25 Disney Gift card to use for lunch & dinner each day we are at the parks (Thurs, Fri, Sat). 3 cards total.
- We will wear our 2021-2022 chorus shirts for the Friday workshop.
- It will probably rain sometime during the trip. It's Florida - be prepared to be flexible. If it rains, we will still go to the parks. Be prepared with a poncho or umbrella.
- We are scheduled to return to Brookwood at 11:59pm on Saturday, March 26. Students will call home when we are an hour away. Please do not be late picking your child up.
Chorus Spring Show: DECADES
Don't forget - two show nights - April 28 & 29, 7pm. Tickets will go on sale in April. Students will have rehearsal after school each day that week (April 25-27).
- Students need the 2021-2022 chorus t-shirt.
- If you have not paid chorus dues yet, which cover the t-shirt, please click here. When you pay you will receive an email receipt from PayPal. Dues are $26.
text @f67bb9 to 81010