Chorus families –
This past week has been an absolute joy. I have so enjoyed working and singing with our students this week! Yesterday evening, the Brookwood Performing Arts Boosters (BPAB) held a parent meeting. It was wonderful to meet so many of our chorus parents! I am including a recap of yesterday’s meeting below.
1. BPAB is now ready to accept chorus dues. Chorus dues are $26, and help to cover the cost of sheet music, accompanist fees, Large Group Performance Evaluation (LGPE) trip costs, and include the BHS Chorus 2021-2022 t-shirt. Please click here to pay chorus dues. Please make sure to include your child’s full name in the “note field” so they get credit for the payment!
Chorus Dues Payment Deadline: August 31, 2021
2. BPAB encourages everyone to become a member and provide additional support to the choral program. BPAB is an invaluable resource of parent volunteers that assists the chorus program. When you pay chorus student dues, you are able to become a member of BPAB. Please view the BPAB membership form here. Please contact Mr. Still or BPABinformation@gmail.com with questions. Does your company do a corporate match for non-profits? Please reach out to us, and we can help you get set up! You can also donate dues for other students. Learn more about BPAB: bpaperforms.com
3. Chorus Uniform Ordering information is now available! Please click here to view all uniform and ordering information. Please order by the deadline, as we do not stock extras, nor are we able to make exchanges. Note: Students will be able to look at / try on dresses during class next week, and measurements will be taken in class for students needing to order option 2 or option 3.
Chorus Uniform Payment Deadline: August 22, 2021
4. You can view the full chorus syllabus, with dates included, at this link. The chorus calendar is embedded in the syllabus, available on the website, or you can subscribe to our digital calendar here.
5. View the 8/12 BPAB Booster General Meeting/Presentation here.
6. View the 8/12 Chorus Only Presentation here.
7. Auditions for District Honor Chorus, All-State, and Honors Chorale started after school on 8/13. They continue into next week. If your student was interested, they should have signed up in class. Dates & details for these events are available in the syllabus.
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out to me!